Southern Illinois Area Credit Union, your member owned financial institution, is committed to providing you financial products and services to meet your needs and reach your financial goals. We are equally committed to protecting our member's privacy. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a priority of this credit union. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use, and safeguard your personal financial information. If you have any questions, please contact a member service representative at 618-234-5021.
Information We Collect and Disclose About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us or others Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying you provide on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our member's privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the member information we provide to other third parties.
In order to conduct the business of the credit union, we may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of the credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
If you terminate your membership with Southern Illinois Area Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
Certain Parties That Receive Information from Us Where You Can Request to Opt Out.
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties: Non-financial companies, such as automobile dealerships, for special car sales.
How to Opt Out or Stop Certain Disclosures About You
If you prefer that we do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to such nonaffiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other that those permitted by law). If you wish to opt out of disclosures to nonaffiliated parties, you should do the following:
- Call a member service representative of the credit union at 618-234-5021
- Stop in to the credit union and complete and sign our form.
This is further explained in the "Opt Out Notice". You may opt out of these disclosures at any time. This opt out option, by law, will not apply to disclosures that we make to companies that perform services on our behalf or to other financial institutions that have joint marketing agreements with us.
Once we receive your request not to make further disclosures, we will act as quickly as possible to stop disclosures. You may always contact us for assistance if you wish later to revoke your opt out election.
Note to non-member joint account holders:
Anyone of you may exercise the right to opt out, even if you are not actually a member of the credit union. Southern Illinois Area Credit Union will treat an opt out request from any one party to an account as if all of you directed us to not make disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties to which the opt out right applies.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can Do To Help Protect Your Privacy
Southern Illinois is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (Personal Identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately If your address or phone number change, please let us know.
- You should always have proper identification on you when conducting any type of business with the credit union. Our tellers are instructed that they must verify identification for any transactions at the credit union.
Opt Out Notice for Southern Illinois Area Credit Union
In the course of providing services to our membership, Southern Illinois Area Credit Union collects and shares information about you. Southern Illinois Area Credit Union is required by law to give you the right to "opt out" of information sharing with certain businesses, other than what is permitted by law. This means that you may direct us not to disclose information about you to certain businesses.
Unless we hear from you, we may share all the nonpublic personal information about you that we collect with businesses involved in Special Car Sales with Automobile Dealers.
Southern Illinois Area Credit Union believes that these types of products and services will be of value and interest to our membership. The specific companies that receive information from us are prohibited from using that information about you for any purpose other than what we agree to by contract.
If you prefer that we do not disclose your personal information to these types of businesses, you may exercise your opt out right at any time by one of the alternatives listed. We will discontinue disclosing information as quickly as possible. If you have any questions about this notice, if you would like to exercise your opt out right, or if you've elected to opt out previously, but have changed your mind, contact our member service representative at